BSc (Hons) Computer ScienceEdinburgh Napier University
- Honours thesis: Automated Argumentation Analysis Using Python
- First class degree with honours
- One years professional work placement during my third year.
Currie Community High School
- 5 Highers
- to Present
- Develop fullstack solutions using open source software to meet client requirements.
- Work with a large variety of clients including: government organisations, NGOs, Higher Education institutions, open source groups, and private sector organisations.
- Provide 1st and 2nd-line support for our clients via help-desk.
- Delivered installable custom module used for the council election in Cumbria in 2022 which was linked to in major news outlets. We are currently working on making this available to other councils using LocalGov.
- Delivered major migration project from Drupal 7 to 9 for the Dogslife project at the University of Edinburgh.
Software Engineering InternEdinburgh Napier University
- Planned, designed, and developed a transport simulation server using the Spring-Boot and MATSim frameworks.
- Created an installation wizard and CI/CD pipeline to allow the downloading of a separate server used to plot routes for food deliveries used by charities and other organisations.
- Documented and tested the server for bugs and security issues.
- Setup and maintained hosting for both servers.
Student Demonstrator / Lab AssistantEdinburgh Napier University
- Assisted on a variety of taught modules in the School of Computing such as Database Systems, Software Engineering Methods, Web Technologies, and Data Analytics.
- Helped students to succeed in their studies and provided one-to-one support to students in class. This covered topics such as databases, machine learning, web development, object-orientated programming, continuous integration and development, and software engineering methodologies such as agile and scrum.
- Worked with the teaching team to identify and support students who needed additional help.
- Was one of the few students who run “programming surgeries”. These are opportunities for students to come and ask for help outside of class hours from only very experienced students.
Web Development and Support AssistantThe University of Edinburgh
- Created and maintained Drupal websites (7 and 8) for the Web Development Team using a variety of frontend and backend technologies.
- Provided support to our customers in the form of technical support and relevant technical knowledge via unidesk.
- Managed website hosting for a variety of websites using cPanel and kept them up-to-date with security patches.
- Provided support to the wider team in the form of advice and technical expertise to help them achieve their goals and to meet deadlines.